This circa 1900 property was built for The Mayor of Adelaide, Arthur Wellington Ware. The 4,007 square metre property has been renovated throughout and has a two-storey coach house at the rear of the estate.
The main house has four bedrooms, two with en-suites, and a study with built-in joinery at the front of the home. There are five Jetmaster fireplaces throughout the house, plus a combustion wood fireplace in the casual living area.
Mosaic and polished timber floorboards are used in the entrance that leads to a central reception area with a French chandelier and marble fireplace. There is a formal dining room with bi folding doors that open onto the bay window drawing room.
There is also a north-facing casual living room, kitchen and two-room cellar underneath that can store 3,000 bottles of wine in custom-made racking. A courtyard hall is tiled in marble with an aluminium and stainless-steel roof that automatically closes in cool and wet weather.
A paved and landscaped outdoor entertaining area includes a built in fireplace, pergola, timber-lined ceilings and a solar heated in-ground swimming pool.
The original coach house is a four-bedroom residence with complete kitchen, two bathrooms and two living areas that overlook the championship, floodlit tennis court. The gardens are designed for easy maintenance with lawns, mature Canary Island Palms, and hedging.
- Plantation shutters
- Air conditioning
- Rumpus room
- Solar panels
The property is close to the Wilderness School, St Peter’s College, and Prince Alfred College and within walking distance of shops, restaurants and cafes.
Lake-front home in the Adelaide Hills
English manor in Adelaide hills
Classic Adelaide bluestone villa