The property is reached by a long driveway lined on either side with mature oak trees. Built in 1830, the house is a colonial example of neo-classical Greek revival style.
The three-storey, 1,000 square metre home has been thoughtfully renovated and restored. The entrance leads to a number of reception rooms including a library, study, drawing room, dining room, formal and informal sitting rooms and grand living wing.
The conservatory has French windows, to allow plenty of natural light and to capture the views of the Macquarie River and rural landscape.
Some of the architectural features include cedar joinery, multi-paned windows, cedar fire surrounds, Doric columns, decorative ceilings and built in cedar bookcases.
A country kitchen is suitable for family or commercial use and an original stone bread oven is incorporated, dry and cool rooms, state of the art cooking ovens and utility rooms. The domestic quarters also has a laundry and a multi roomed cellar.
There are a number of historic outbuildings grouped around the formal and informal gardens including stables and coach house, gardener’s cottage, walled garden - complete with a glass house, vegetable gardens, and original shearing shed.
There are 1,211 acres of agricultural land at the property with fertile soils and security of water including high rainfall and water from the Lake River.
• All rooms WiFi enabled
• All bedrooms with ensuites
• Independent water and lighting
• Cat5 cabling throughout
• Two renovated farm houses
• Good fencing
• Work sheds
• Landing strip
Lake House is 35km to Launceston, 10km to Longford and 110km to Hobart.
One of Tasmania's finest historic properties
The best of Tasmania